- Problem Evaluation
There are seven people ,with different head, gender, background, and idea, was collected in 5 days class training (F2F Phase) from 24 until 28 July 2017. They are called Emerald AACE 2017 Team. They have two goals after this six month preparation course, one is get at least one certification and second is implement what they get in their work life. To rich that goal they have a lot of task that package like a project in next 26 weeks. From their differentiation come many view, idea, step, way in finishing the project. The biggest one is their first blog posting report assignment about Leadership style.
- Development of Feasible Alternatives
To fine appropriate leadership style there are some theory has been published, but the best one is Tuckman’s model. This model have five stages of team development and behavior that are Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, and Adjourning. This model also explains how Team develops maturity and ability, relationships establish, and the leader changes leadership style. Beginning with a directing style, moving through coaching, then participating, finishing delegating and almost detached.
Figure 1. Team Development and Behavior Stage
- Development the outcome for each alternative
With Tuckman’s model we can determine where the stage the team is. First we have to distribute questioners with 32 questions to all the team members. After that we use Delphi technique with P75 to analysis the data.
- Selection of criteria
Summary result of the survey data using Delphi technique with P75 as follow:
Table 1. Emerald AACE 2017 Team Survey Result
Table 2. Emerald AACE 2017 Team P75 Result with Delphi Technique
Base on Table 2, first rank is performing so Emerald AACE 2017 Team is on Performing Stage.
- Analysis and comparison of the alternative
The result of P75 Delphi Technique calculation show there are very little different (less then 1 value) between first second and third rank, its indicate the team members still try to get the role and the form of the Team. In another word they are still in Storming stage.
- Alternative selection
Storming is one stage a head of the team cycle and not a bad result. Differentiation among team members doesn’t make them broken or stop them to rich the goals. Leadership style in storming stage is coaching and team building.
- Performance monitoring & Post Evaluation Result
Step back and help team members take responsibility for progress towards the goal is strongly recommended for Leader action. Periodically meeting and doing some activity together will make team still in right way rich the goal.
- (2017). Tuckman Forming Storming Norming Performing Model. Retrieved from http://www.businessballs.com/tuckmanformingstormingnormingperforming.htm
- (2017). Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing – Understanding the Stages of Team Formation. Retrieved from http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_86.htm
- Free Management Books. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/faqld/development-02.htm
- Management Pocket Books. (2017). Retrieved from https://managementpocketbooks.wordpress.com/tag/bruce-tuckman/