- Problem Definition
Tanjung Uban Oil and Gas Storage Facility at the moment is planning the replacement of power source, originally the source of electricity obtained from generator, the replacement plan is based on the efficiency.
- Develop the Feasible Alternative
There are 3 alternatives in the supply of electricity at oil and gas storage facilities in Tanjung Uban, among others:
- Using direct electricity produced by PLN (State Own Electricity Company).
- Using gas turbine with feed from gas flare utilization.
- Using power generator with diesel fuel
Multiattribute Decision Making with Compensation Model will be made to choose the electricity supply option in Tanjung Uban.
- Development of The Outcome for Alternative
Comparative analysis is conducted for each proposed alternative to see the impact of cost, reliability, efficiency, and environment.
Below on Tabel-1 is the comparison for alternative :
Tabel-1 Data Alternative
Relative Rank Scale 1 – 3, 3 for the best/High, 2 for Medium, 1 for Low, represent on tabel-2.
Tabel-2 Quantitative for Tabel-1
For compensatory Model, first time we define nondimensional scalling, it shown on Tabel-3 :
Tabel-3 : Nondimensional Scaling
Next step we generate Nondimensional Data, it shown on Tabel-4
Tabel-4 Nondimensional data for Electricity Supply
to calculate using additive weight technique we should determine Ordinal Ranking for Attribute, it shown on Tabel-5, where the greater number is meant greater important
Tabel-5 : Ordinal Attribute Ranking
4. Selection Criteria
Alternative with highest dimensionless value will be selected
5. Analysis & Comparison of Alternative
Regarding to Tabel-4 and Tabel-5, now we can calculated additive weighting for Tanjung Uban Electricity Supply, it shown on Table-6
Table-6 Additive Weighting Tanjung Uban Electricity Supply Selection
6. Analysis & Comparison of Alternative
Regarding to tabel-4 and tabel-6, the highest value of electricity supply by using electricity supplied by Gas Turbine or prefered to select, the result is on tabel-4 with 3 and tabel-6 with 0.67.
7. Performance Monitoring and The Post Evaluation of Result
Other attributes can be considered in sharpen the decision results, need to know Gas Turbine efficiency and other opportunity in advance technology of gas turbine.
- Sullivan, G. W., Wicks, M. E., &Koelling, C. P.(2014). Engineering economy 16th Edition. Chapter 14 – Decision Making Considering Multiattributes., pp.559-608.
- W11_AL_Platform Decommissioning(2014, May). Retrieved from : https://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/w11_al_platform-decommissioning/#more-1340
- W3_HI_Decision Making Considering MultiAttributes (2015, March). Retrived from : https://garudaaace2015.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/w3_hi_decision-making-considering-multi-attributes/