- Problem Definition
From my previous blog posting on Week-2, we using Compensatory Model for select the best choice for Tanjung Uban Electricity Supply. Dr. PDG suggest to use other technic to select a decision by using Non-Compensatory Model and compare which one is better and fit.
- Develop the Feasible Alternative
There are 3 alternatives in the supply of electricity at oil and gas storage facilities in Tanjung Uban, among others :
- Using direct electricity produced by PLN (State Own Electricity Company).
- Using gas turbine with feed from gas flare utilization.
- Using power generator with diesel fuel
Multiattribute Decision Making with Non-Compensatory Model will be made to choose the electricity supply option in Tanjung Uban.
- Development of The Outcome for Alternative
Comparative analysis is conducted for each proposed alternative to see the impact of cost, reliability, efficiency, and environment.
Below on Tabel-1 is the comparison for alternative :
Tabel-1 Data Alternative
to summary information on table-1 and make a paired comparisons all attributes must be inspected, it shown and describe on tabel-2
Tabel-2 Checking Pairwise Comparisons of each attibuttes
After that we do satisficing for checking dominance among alternatives, it shown on tabel-3.
Tabel-3 Check for Dominance Among Alternatives
4. Selection Criteria
Alternative with highest dimensionless value will be selected
- Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative.
Next step is analyzing by orinal ranking of attibutes, it shown on tabel-4
Tabel-4 Ordinal Ranking of Attributes
By using Lexicography technic we can define which selection is the best and fit, it shown on Tabel-5.
Tabel-5 Application of Lexicography
Regarding to Tabel-5 it can explain alternative B (Using Gas Turbine for Electricity Generation) can be choose as the best option as Cost basis. if alternative A can reduce cost/tariff electricity per kWh it can be choosed because Reliability as basis.
Compare with my previous blog posting by using Compensatory Model it same result with Non-Compensatory Model because Alternative B or using Gas Turbine selected for the best and fit decision.
- Selection of the Preferred Alternative.
By using 2 technic Compensatory and Non-Compensatory Model it’s shown Alternative B or Using Gas Turbine is prefered to choose. But Compensatory Model more prefered to used, because it calculated with quantitative technic, it’s different with Non-compensatory using qualitative. People with high level management more comfortable to make a decission by using numbers because qualitative result it’s hard to explain and near to be subjective.
- Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result.
For sharp the result, people with high experience on Electricity Generation must be involve to make more independece opinion put in this decission proses step by step.
- Sullivan, G. W., Wicks, M. E., &Koelling, C. P.(2014). Engineering economy 16th Edition. Chapter 14 – Decision Making Considering Multiattributes., pp.559-608.
- W11_AL_Platform Decommissioning(2014, May). Retrieved from : https://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/w11_al_platform-decommissioning/#more-1340
- W3_HI_Decision Making Considering MultiAttributes (2015, March). Retrived from : https://garudaaace2015.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/w3_hi_decision-making-considering-multi-attributes/
- MODULE 10-3 – MANAGING CHANGE – THE OWNER’S PEREPCTIVE(2015, December). Retrieved from http://www.planningplanet.com/guild/gpccar/managing-change-the-owners-perspective